To lose a pound of body weight in a week, a person has to consume about 500 fewer calories each day than he or she burns. Here are 18 ways to lose weight without dieting.
1. Instead of drinking orange juice for breakfast, eat a whole orange. You save about 45 calories.
2. Make your breakfast omelette with four egg whites plus 1/4 cup egg substitute. Replace regular bacon with Canadian bacon to save even more calories.
3. Switch from whole milk to low-fat or low-fat milk. Use a sugar substitute instead of sugar in your morning coffee or latte.
4. Use mustard instead of mayonnaise on your sandwich at lunch to save 100 calories (per tablespoon). Remove the cheese and save an extra 100 calories.
5. Instead of a Big Mac and large fries, go for a regular hamburger and small fries and save a whopping 590 calories!
6. Don’t eat chips as a snack. Instead, have an apple for fewer calories plus the added benefit of more fiber.
7. Replace diet coke or iced tea with your usual soda. You save 150-200 calories per drink. Eat smaller portions every two to three hours.
8. Don’t skip breakfast! Regularly eating small meals keeps blood glucose levels stable and minimizes the tendency to overeat.
9. Eat healthier snacks such as dried fruits and nuts, fresh fruits, sliced vegetables, or yogurt.
10. Replace white bread, rice and grains with whole grain products. Not only are you cutting fat and calories, but whole grains have been proven to reduce colon cancer risk by increasing the fiber your body needs.
11. Fry meat, chicken, and vegetables in stock instead of butter. And speaking of butter, replace it with low-fat sour cream on baked potatoes.
12. Instead of Caesar salad, substitute an evening salt with low-fat salad dressing.
13. Do you love pasta? Eat spaghetti with marinara sauce instead of fettuccini with Alfredo sauce. You save at least 500 calories!
14. When going out with friends, watch your alcohol consumption. Instead of using Coke or Seven-Up with your drinks, choose tonic water or seltzer.
15. Restaurants are notorious for their huge portions. Eat only half of your dinner and save the rest for lunch tomorrow. Or just share the meal with a friend.
16. Get moving. Walk to the store instead of driving. Walking is the best exercise you can do for weight loss.
17. Get more walking time by replacing coffee breaks with exercise breaks. Also, use half of your lunch break to go for a brisk walk with a colleague.
18. Swim, swim, swim. Swimming for just an hour burns 500 calories. You will also end up with a firmer, toned body. You don’t need to be on a strict diet to lose weight. Change to more sensible eating habits and start moving your body by walking, swimming, or cycling. You will be rewarded with good health and a fit body.<p value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">